SFGov, the official site for San Francisco space
San Francisco header image

Human Services Agency of San Francisco
Department of Aging & Adult Services * Department of Human Services

print Print this page | Text size: small - large

HSA recognizes that many families who are under the supervision of the court or working voluntarily with protective services can benefit from child care. It may be necessary to pay for child care services for relative caretakers, foster parents, legal guardians and care providers to facilitate the placement process. Subsidized child care is an integral part of FCS services. Additionally, respite child care services are available to FCS families through Family Support Services of the Bay Area.

If you currently have an open child welfare case or care for a foster child, contact your caseworker directly to inquire about child care services.

If you are a former FCS recipient, contact the Children's Council of San Francisco for further assistance with child care.


The Children's Council of San Francisco

445 Church Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415) 343-3300