Home Care Resources During COVID-19
IHSS Provider vaccination
IHSS Providers must be vaccinated if they are not live-in IHSS Providers or if they provide services to nonfamily members. Learn more about the Public health notice from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
- Live-in IHSS Providers serving IHSS Recipients in a single household
- IHSS Providers serving IHSS Recipients who are family members under a single household
- IHSS Providers who decline the vaccine based on religious beliefs or who have a qualifying medical reason can request an exemption by completing the COVID-19 Vaccine Exemption Form and submit it to the IHSS Recipient.
After the IHSS Recipient determines an IHSS Provider has met an exemption criteria, the IHSS Provider must adhere to the state requirements when entering or working in the IHSS Recipient’s residence with weekly COVID-19 testing and wearing a surgical mask.
- IHSS Providers may use their sick leave for time away from work to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination.
- IHSS Providers eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine exemption, may use their sick leave for time away from work to obtain to be tested for COVID-19 infection.
IHSS Recipient vaccination update
The CDPH notification indicates you are responsible for reviewing any COVID-19 Vaccine Exemption Form submitted by your IHSS Provider(s) and determining if the IHSS Provider(s) meets one of the exemption criteria aforementioned.
You can get vaccinated if you are 16 years old or over. Schedule your vaccination using Myturn.ca.gov or call COVID-19 Hotline at (833) 422-4255.
Did your IHSS Provider assist you with obtaining a vaccination? If so, your IHSS Provider can be paid up to two hours per vaccine appointment. To request IHSS Provider pay, fill out this Vaccine Medical Accompaniment Claim Form (English | 中文 | Español) and submit it by:
- Email: Print, fill out, sign, and submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org (e-Signatures are not accepted)
- Mail: Print and mail completed form to Attention: IHSS N3AX, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120
IHSS Provider benefits during COVID-19
Back-up home care
Job openings — we're hiring Home Care Providers!
Support and connection
Webinars for caregivers, clients, and families
- Planning Ahead: Health Care Decisions in the Era of COVID-19
Review advance care planning, easy-to-use materials and easy-to-read advance directives in 10 languages available at www.prepareforyourcare.org. The webinar will also cover how advance care planning is unique in the time of COVID. Watch Now
- Palliative Care on the Front Lines of COVID-19
Explore how COVID-19 has impacted medical decision-making for those in palliative care, how families can better communicate with health professionals at this time, and more. Watch Now
- Attendant Employers: Protecting Ourselves & Our Employees
Learn what in-home caregivers and recipients are doing to stay safe and support one another during COVID-19. Also learn best practices for hiring and employing care providers. Watch Now
- COVID-19 and Caring for Individuals with Alzheimer's
Includes health and safety tips specifically geared for those with dementia. Watch Now
- Social Isolation and Well-Being for Caregivers
Covers the tools and tips to help cope with the isolation, stress, and anxiety of care giving during COVID-19. Watch Now
- Staying Well Together
Reviews the COVID-19 basics, including how to stay well while sheltering in place, avoid spreading the virus, and adjust to caregiving during this time. Watch Now