IHSS Provider Respond to Timesheet Violations
On this page:
- Initial violation: IHSS will try to contact you by phone or mail to inform you of the overtime violation.
- Violation 1: IHSS will mail you a violation notice.
- Violation 2: IHSS will mail you a violation notice and the self-training instructional material for completion in order to receive a one-time waiver of the second violation.
- Violation 3: IHSS will mail you a violation notice and you will have 20 days to respond, otherwise, your provider status will be suspended for 90 days.
- Violation 4: IHSS will mail you a violation notice and you will have 20 days to respond, otherwise, your provider status will be suspended for 12 months and you will be required to re-enroll with IHSS. You will be required to get fingerprinted again.
To appeal any violation, you can:
- Submit Form SOC 2272 (included with each violation notice) that was mailed to you within 10 calendar days. Then the county will review your appeal and you will receive a response of the decision by mail.
- If you do not appeal the third or fourth violations, then you will be suspended.
- If you wish to dispute the county ruling of the third or fourth violation, you may appeal to the state by contacting the county at (415) 557-6200 and request for an IHSS State Administrative Review Request of Third or Fourth Violation for Exceeding Workweek and/or Travel Time Limits dispute form (SOC 2273) within 10 days from the date noted on the violation notice.
Get Benefits & Coverage