County Adult Assistance Programs (CAAP) CAAP Benefits
Eligible San Franciscans can receive up to $687 a month from CAAP as well as a wide range of additional services and assistance.
Services and support
- Possible options for shelter placement
- Free Muni passes
- Counseling for mental health, substance abuse, and domestic violence issues
- Working Families Credit
- Homeward Bound Program reunites people experiencing homelessness with friends and family who can provide a safe place to stay.
Employment and training assistance
- Immediate access to JobsNOW!, HSA’s job matching and internship program: Call to apply at (877) 562-1669 , email email@example.com or submit an interest form.
- Placement in a job with a guaranteed starting pay of at least $16.99 per hour
- Participation in Youth Employment and Training Services.
- Earned Income & Asset Disregard Program: The program is designed to promote self-sufficiency.
Assistance with applications
- Free California DMV Identification Card (one-time assistance only)
- Birth certificate if required for your CAAP eligibility
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if you have a long-term disability.
For more information: Call (415) 558-2227 or fax (415) 558-4104.
Ready to apply? Start now.