Working Families Credit (WFC) Applying for the WFC

How to Apply by April 15, 2019


Claim the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)

  • Claim the 2018 federal EITC when you file your income taxes with a paid preparer, at free tax preparation site, or online for free through MyFreeTaxes.
  • If you didn't claim the EITC when you filed your taxes, you must file a PAPER amendment to your taxes called Form 1040X and mail it to the IRS. 

Questions?  If you file online with MyFreeTaxes, contact a tax expert (in English or Spanish) via the website's online chat or by phone at 855-698-9435, six days a week.


Get a WFC application online from:


Or obtain a WFC application from:

  • Any San Francisco public library
  • All free tax preparation sites in San Francisco (provided by United Way)
  • Human Services Agency, 170 Otis Street, 1st Floor Reception Area
  • City Treasurer's Office in City Hall (Room 140)
  • A paid tax preparer who uses Intuit ProSeries filing software
  • A paid preparer at a San Francisco H&R Block office

Complete and submit the WFC application

  • WFC applications cannot be submitted online. Mail your application to the City and County of San Francisco - HSA, WFC Program, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120. Or, deliver it to HSA, 170 Otis Street, First Floor Reception Area.

Need help applying? Email HSA at or call (415) 557-6284 (voicemail checked weekly).