IHSS Provider Become an IHSS Provider
IHSS has simplified the IHSS Providers’ hiring process to ensure that IHSS Recipients continue to get the care they need during these challenging times. Our new streamlined process allows IHSS Providers to complete enrollment and orientation in fewer steps online and by phone and mail.
Start your enrollment process online
- Go to the enrollment site. If you're a former IHSS Provider, call (415) 557-6200 or email email@example.com to find out if your provider status is still active.
- Create an account and write down your username, password, and answers to the security questions. All three are case sensitive and must be re-entered to watch the videos.
- Watch the mandatory videos.
- Schedule an orientation appointment.
Prepare Documents for Orientation
- Active Email Address with password
- Valid State or U.S. Government issued photo ID
- Original Social Security Card
- A Work Authorization (Required only if your Social Security card states "Valid for work only with DHS or INS authorization")
- Complete "Provider Enrollment Packet" with your IHSS Recipient
Attend Orientation at 77 Otis Street
- Bring documents listed above in Step 2
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the appointment time (Prepare to stay for 1 - 2 hours)
- Receive LiveScan form for fingerprints
Get background check
- Complete the Live Scan form and bring it to the fingerprinting service. The Live Scan cost ranges from $55 to $75. List of Vendors
- Keep a Live Scan copy and payment receipt.
Find an IHSS Recipient and start working!
- Join the Public Authority Registry to find one or more IHSS Recipients who match your preferences.
- IHSS Provider Help Desk: (415) 557-6200, 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Or you can email the IPAC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Social Services IHSS Provider Resources
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 exclusionary crimes