Working Families Credit (WFC) WFC Application Process
How to Apply by April 18, 2023
1. Claim Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC)
Claim the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) if you have a Social Security number (SSN) and earned less than $59,187 in 2022.
Claim California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) using your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) if you are an immigrant who does not have an SSN and earned less than $30,000 in 2022.
Didn't claim the federal EITC on your 2022 taxes? You'll need to submit an amended Form 1040-X to the IRS.
2. Obtain a WFC application
Or, obtain an application from Turbo Tax and H&R Block if you self-file using their programs.
3. Submit the application in one of three ways by April 18
- Submit securely online by visiting our tax portal: English | Español | 中文.
- Mail to SFHSA, WFC Program, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120.
- Drop off at SFHSA, 170 Otis Street.