Working Families Credit (WFC) WFC Application Process
How to Apply by October 16, 2023
1. Claim Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC)
Claim the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) if you have a Social Security number (SSN) and earned less than $59,187 in 2022.
Claim California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) using your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) if you are an immigrant who does not have an SSN and earned less than $30,000 in 2022.
Didn't claim the federal EITC on your 2022 taxes? You'll need to submit an amended Form 1040-X to the IRS.
2. Obtain a WFC application
Fill out and submit an online application by visiting our tax portal: English | Español | 中文.
An application is available to download and print: English | Español | 中文.
Or, obtain an application from Turbo Tax and H&R Block if you self-file using their programs.
3. Submit the application in one of three ways by October 16
- Submit securely online by visiting our tax portal: English | Español | 中文.
- Mail to SFHSA, WFC Program, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120.
- Drop off at SFHSA, 170 Otis Street.
Need help applying? Email HSA at email@example.com or call (415) 557-6284 (voicemail checked daily).