IHSS Provider Get Benefits & Coverage
On this page:
- Health, Vision & Dental insurance
- Workers' Compensation insurance
- Union membership
- IHSS Provider ID Cards
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Health and Vision: You are eligible to apply for Healthy Workers insurance through San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) if you were authorized to work and were paid to work with a minimum of 25 hours for the most current two consecutive months. This insurance includes doctor visits, hospitalization, pharmacy services, and vision care.
- Dental: You are eligible to apply for Liberty Dental Plan if you were authorized to work and were paid to work with a minimum of 25 hours for the most current six consecutive months.
New IHSS Providers will automatically receive insurance enrollment forms by mail through the insurance company when you become eligible. If you enroll by the 12th day of the month, your coverage will start on the first day of the following month.
If you do not have 25 or more authorized hours for three consecutive months, your insurance will be terminated. You will be notified by mail one month before your insurance ends. If your insurance is terminated, you must reapply for coverage when you are eligible.
- If you meet all the eligibility requirements, you can request a health and dental application by emailing the Public Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and IHSS Provider ID number. Applications are available in English, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
- View the Healthy Workers benefits summary and Liberty Dental Plan (LDP100 or EPO).
- Visit the Public Authority Benefits webpage for more information and frequently asked questions regarding benefits and coverage or contact the Public Authority's Benefits Department at (415) 593-8125.
Workers' Compensation insurance
Workers’ Compensation provides wage replacement and medical benefits should you become injured while working for an IHSS Recipient.
- File a Workers’ Compensation claim by completing the Workers' Compensation Claim Form (DWC 1) Employee section 1-9, then contact the IHSS Recipient's assigned IHSS Social Worker. For the IHSS Recipient's IHSS Social Worker contact information, call (415) 355-6700.
SEIU Local 2015 represents IHSS Providers. IHSS Public Authority is the employer-of-record for collective bargaining for members in wage increases, benefits coverage, working conditions, and grievance procedures.
- For employer information, call the Public Authority at (415) 593-8125.
- For SEIU information, call (855) 810-2015, visit SEIU at 1645 California Street, or visit SEIU2015.org.
- To join SEIU, visit SEIU Local 2015 membership enrollment.
Provider ID Cards
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Manage My Provider Status