IHSS Care Provider Manage Your Provider Status

Find a Care Recipient

The IHSS Public Authority will help match you with Care Recipients if you don't have one in mind:

  • Sign up with the Public Authority Registry after you’ve become an IHSS Care Provider.
  • Call (415) 243-4477 for more information.

Want to work for multiple Care Recipients? Sign up with the Public Authority just once. Re-enrollment is required only if you have not worked for an IHSS Care Recipient for more than a year. 


As an IHSS Care Provider you are eligible to enroll in Homebridge’s training courses. If you have had a client within the last 12 months you may be eligible to receive a $15 - $400 stipend after you complete a course (some restrictions apply).  

Change of address & phone number

Complete the Change of Address and Phone - Form 840 and submit it in one of the following ways:

  • Mail to IHSS Independent Provider Assistance Center (IPAC), P.O. Box 7988, HSA IHSS N3AX,  San Francisco, CA 94120,
  • Drop off at IPAC, 77 Otis Street, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
  • Fax to (415) 557-5813.

Your Care Recipient must notify their IHSS social worker if they have a change of address.

W-2 & W-4 tax forms

  • Download a Form W-4 directly from the IRS website, fill it out, and submit it to IPAC
  • You should receive a Form W-2 by mail directly from the state at the end of the tax year.
  • Didn't receive your W2? You can request a duplicate from IPAC at (415) 557-6200.

Note: Some certified live-in Care Providers do not receive Form W-2 because they are exempt from Social Security tax. Learn more about self-certification requirements.

Employment verification

To provide employment verification to an employer: