Apply for the benefits below soon. If eligible, you could receive benefits retroactively.
- Assistance filing a PACT Act Disability Claim for exposure to toxic substances. Make a virtual appointment with our office. To submit an Intent to File with the VA call (800) 827-1000. For more information, view the VA webpage and video.
- Assistance applying for VA disability compensation or VA pension
- Assistance applying for increase of VA disability compensation
- Assistance applying for VA Aid & Attendance
- VA Health care enrollment
- DMV Veteran License Verification
- Assistance requesting military service records from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)
- Discharge upgrade information and referral to a Swords to Plowshares Legal Clinic
- Assisance applying for VA Life Insurance
- Assistance applying for VA Burial Benefits
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) for survivors
- Assistance applying for VA Survivors' Pension
- Proceeds of government life insurance
Please email the required documents to SFCVSO@sfgov.org or you may walk in at 2 Gough Street to speak with a representative.
- College Fee Waiver (VSD-023)
- College Fee Waiver Checklist A and Checklist B
- College Fee Waiver Program fact sheet
- College Fee Waiver Election Form (VSD-020) AY 2022-23
- College Fee Waiver Non-Veteran Signature Certification (VSD-021) AY 2022-2023
- College Fee Waiver for Dependents application (DVS-40) AY 2022-23
- Explanation of How Student Can Afford to Attend School AY2022-23
- Stepchild Certification Form AY 2022-2023
- California Association of County Veterans Service Officers
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- CalVet Home Loans
- California Veterans Resource Book
- Veterans Home of California - Yountville
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Federal Benefits Manual for Veterans and Dependents
- National Personnel Records Center (Request Military Records)
- Small Business Administration
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Affordable Care Act
- VA eBenefits
- VA National Cemetery Information
- VA Welcome Kit is a PDF guide to VA benefits and services that includes visuals and a helpful checklist.
- Ask VA is a messaging portal that Veterans and members of the Veteran community can use to submit questions, concerns, and recommendations to VA.
- Make the Connection is an online resource designed to connect Veterans, their family members, and other supporters with information, resources, and solutions to issues affecting their lives.
- The Headstrong Project connects Veterans with stigma-free, evidence-based, trauma-focused treatment.
- Give an Hour provides access to safe, effective, and evidence-based mental health services. for service members, veterans and loved ones effected by time in service.
Schedule an appointment