Visit us at 2 Gough Street
Drop in or contact us for information or an appointment at (415) 934-4200 or SFCVSO@sfgov.org.
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Closed 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Let's meet remotely
Meet with us virtually for help filing a VA claim, college fee waiver, or the Veteran designation on CA driver's licence.
Visit us at the San Francisco VA Medical Center
Drop in at 4150 Clement Street at the Veterans Experience Center, Ground Floor.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Apply for the benefits below soon. If eligible, you'll receive benefits retroactively.
- Assistance applying for VA disability compensation or VA pension
- Assistance applying for increase of VA disability compensation
- Assistance applying for VA Aid & Attendance
- VA Health care enrollment
- DMV Veteran License Verification
- Assistance requesting military service records from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)
- Discharge upgrade information and referral to a Swords to Plowshares Legal Clinic
- Assisance applying for VA Life Insurance
- Assistance applying for VA Burial Benefits
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) for survivors
- Assistance applying for VA Survivors' Pension
- Proceeds of government life insurance
Please email the required documents to SFCVSO@sfgov.org or fax to (415) 355-2468.
- College Fee Waiver Checklist A and Checklist B
- College Fee Waiver Program fact sheet
- College Fee Waiver Election Form (VSD-020) AY 2022-23
- College Fee Waiver Non-Veteran Signature Certification (VSD-021) AY 2022-2023
- College Fee Waiver for Dependents application (DVS-40) AY 2022-23
- Explanation of How Student Can Afford to Attend School AY2022-23
- Stepchild Certification Form AY 2022-2023
- California Association of County Veterans Service Officers
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- CalVet Home Loans
- California Veterans Resource Book
- Veterans Home of California - Yountville
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Federal Benefits Manual for Veterans and Dependents
- National Personnel Records Center (Request Military Records)
- Small Business Administration
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Affordable Care Act
- VA eBenefits
- VA National Cemetery Information
- VA Welcome Kit is a PDF guide to VA benefits and services that includes visuals and a helpful checklist.
- Ask VA is a messaging portal that Veterans and members of the Veteran community can use to submit questions, concerns, and recommendations to VA.
- Make the Connection is an online resource designed to connect Veterans, their family members, and other supporters with information, resources, and solutions to issues affecting their lives.
- The Headstrong Project connects Veterans with stigma-free, evidence-based, trauma-focused treatment.
- Give an Hour provides access to safe, effective, and evidence-based mental health services. for service members, veterans and loved ones effected by time in service.
24/7, confidential crisis support
Are you a Veteran in crisis or concerned about a Veteran? Contact the Veterans Crisis Line to reach caring, qualified responders with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Many of them are Veterans themselves.