Provide the home a child in foster care can call their own
In most cases, children who are removed from their homes can be reunited with their parents once stability is restored in their home.
However, there are many situations when adoption is not only possible, but necessary. In times like these, you can provide the permanent, safe, and loving home for a child through adoption.
Interested in exploring adoption? Our non-profit partner, Family Builders, will answer all your questions and guide you through the RFA and placement journey.
Who can apply
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, race/ethnicities, and income levels including couples, single adults, LGBTQ+, and older adults. Requirements include stable relationships, health, employment, and housing (rental or ownership).
- Adoption process fee of up $500 may be deferred, reduced, or waived under certain conditions.
- Additional fees of $100 to $300 for fingerprinting, medical examination, court filing, and other adoption-related expenses. Some fees may be reimbursed if you qualify for the Adoption Assistance Program.
- Visit the Family Builders website
- Call the Family Builders Adopt SF line at (888) 732–4453 or (510) 536-5437.
- Sign up for an information session on:
- The first Saturday of the month, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- The second Tuesday of the month, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Please note: There is no commitment required to attend—we are here to help answer any questions.