Our Story SFHSA Mission, Vision, and Values
A San Francisco where everyone has the opportunity and support to achieve their full potential through all stages of life.
At the Human Services Agency, we are committed to delivering essential services that support and protect people, families, and communities. We partner with neighborhood organizations and advocate for public policies to improve well-being and economic opportunity for all San Franciscans.
- Work with Purpose: We see each day as an opportunity to provide quality services that strengthen our communities, help those in need, and protect people from abuse and neglect. Treating people with dignity, empathy, and respect is fundamental to how we work.
- Dedication to Discovering What Works: We harness innovative thought and action to help transform people’s lives. We test new ideas, evaluate how we’re doing, and scale what works to improve our services.
- Policies for Good: We create and advocate for public policies that reflect the lived experiences and strengths of the people we serve. This broadens our impact to inspire lasting and empowering change for San Francisco and beyond.
- Advancement of Diversity and Racial Equity: We are committed to a culture of inclusion where our differences are celebrated. Everyone should have what they need to thrive -- no matter their race, age, ability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or country of origin. We are committed to combating systemic racism and advancing racial equity in all aspects of our work.
- Strength in Partnership: We are dedicated to working together as an agency and with organizations that help further our mission and deepen our connections to the community. Through collaboration, open communication, and thoughtful exchange of ideas, we help San Franciscans achieve greater potential.
- Act with Integrity: We build a foundation of trust with the public and people we serve by upholding strong ethical standards and respecting confidentiality.