The extra monthly COVID-19 EBT food payments will end in March 2023. View our flyer for details: English | Español | 中文 | Filipino | Tiếng Việt | Русский
If you are a CalFresh recipient or a San Franciscan in need of food assistance, the programs below can provide free or affordable food and other services to help make ends meet.
Maximize your CalFresh payment
Changes in your income and expenses may result in a higher CalFresh payment. You can update your information:
- Online at MyBenefitsCalWIN.org
- Call (415) 558-4700, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Visit one of our Service Centers at 1440 Harrison St. | 1235 Mission St. | 170 Otis St.| 2 Gough St. for older adults, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Find free and affordable groceries and meals
- Free Food Locations: Free meals and groceries provided by community organizations throughout the City.
- Call 3-1-1: The City's information service for food programs and other types of assistance.
- DAS Benefits and Resources Hub: Older people (60+) and adults with disabilities can get referrals for free or low-cost groceries and meals for pickup or delivery. The Hub is the Service Center for the City's Department of Disability and Aging Services (DAS).
Use your EBT card for big discounts
- Market Match: Many farmers markets match your spending on food purchased with an EBT card. Check the map for participating markets and the amounts they match.
- Free and Discounted Services: For entertainment, fines and fees, transportation, legal services, and more.
- Free diapers: For children under the age of three.
Sign up for more benefit programs
If you receive CalFresh, you may qualify for these benefits. Learn more and apply now.
- CalWORKs: Provides cash assistance for families with children.
- County Adult Assistance Programs (CAAP): Offers cash assistance for individuals without dependents.
- JobsNOW!: Helps you find a job and provides a voucher that pays employers for part of your wages for up to six months.
- Medi-Cal: Provides free or low-cost health insurance for eligible individuals.
- Women, Infants, & Children Supplemental Nutrition Program (WIC): Provides nutrition assistance, and health care referrals to families with young children or expecting a new child.