IHSS Recipient Get Urgent Care & More Information
On this page:
On-Call urgent care
The On-Call program provides short-term, immediate personal care services if you are an IHSS Recipient and:
- You are being discharged from a hospital or another facility without anyone at home to help.
- Your regular IHSS Provider is unavailable.
- You have not yet hired an IHSS Provider.
- You have a need for personal care that can't wait until the next scheduled IHSS visit.
Request On-Call service:
- During business hours call your IHSS social worker who will send a referral to the Public Authority. A counselor will call you, assess your needs, and assign you an On-Call provider. (For your social worker's phone number, call (415) 355-6700.)
- After 5:30 p.m. and on holidays and weekends, call (415) 243-4477
If you disagree with a decision regarding your IHSS services, you have the right to a state hearing and to bring an authorized representative to the hearing.
Request a hearing
Fill out and submit the State Fair Hearing section on the back of your Notice-of-Action (the letter you received from IHSS about your services).
Call the Appeals Unit at (415) 503-4900 for:
- The date of your hearing
- The status of your appeal or if you are eligible for Aid Paid Pending
- Withdrawing your request for a hearing
Learn more from the California Department of Social Services.
Abuse & fraud
Report abuse of an IHSS Recipient or IHSS Provider
Call 9-1-1 or Adult Protective Services (24 hours) at (415) 355-6700
Call (415) 557-5771 if you suspect:
- Forging approval on timesheets
- Claiming hours that the IHSS Provider did not work
- Claiming hours when an IHSS Recipient or IHSS Provider is in the hospital or left the state
- Splitting checks by an IHSS Provider and IHSS Recipient
Senior and Disability Action advocates for older adults and persons with disabilities.
Manage Your IHSS Account