Act fast to protect your EBT benefits and report scams and theft
- Change your EBT PIN monthly by calling(877) 328-9677 (24 hours day, 7 days a week). It’s best to change your PIN the day before your monthly payment gets added to your card. To find your monthly payment day, see the last digit of your case number below your name on your EBT card.
- Check your EBT balance weekly by calling(877) 328-9677 (24 hours day, 7 days a week). Check for unfamiliar charges.
- Cover the keypad when entering your PIN by using your free hand to shield your PIN from others or a camera.
- Never share your personal information, EBT card number, or PIN for any reason.
Beware of scams to get your personal information, EBT card number, and PIN.
Do NOT respond to offers that include:
- A “free government cell phone” or “free gift cards”.
- A “protection plan” from a company that says they are part of the state program.
- A warning from “concerned citizens” about EBT card security with a number to call that looks official.
- Text messages or email asking for your personal EBT information.
Report an EBT scam or theft and request repayment
- Report a lost or stolen EBT card: Call(877) 328-9677 (24 hours day, 7 days a week) for card replacement.
- Apply for repayment: Call the Program that issued your EBT card within 10 days of the crime to be eligible for repayment.
- CalFresh(415) 558-4700
- CalWORKs and Refugee Cash Assistance (415) 557-5100
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) (415) 558-4700
- County Adult Assistance Program (CAAP) (415) 558-2227
Learn more from the video and flyer
- Video: Watch Out for EBT Scams! (English | Español)
- Flyer: English | Español