Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)

RCA provides temporary cash assistance, food, and health care coverage to refugees who do not qualify for other cash aid programs.  RCA also includes employment and other social services. 

Who may be eligible for RCA

  • Refugees
  • Asylees
  • Cuban/Haitian entrants
  • Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders
  • Afghan and Ukrainian paroles
  • Amerasians

Steps to apply

  1. 1

    Submit your application in one these ways:

  2. 2

    Schedule and complete your RCA appointment

    In person at 170 Otis Street or by phone (855) 557-5100.

  3. 3

    Submit your paperwork by the due date

    For help with this step, call (855) 557-5100.

  4. 4

    After you apply

    It can take up to 30 days to determine your RCA eligibility. During this time:

    • Check your mail and phone messages for notices from CalWORKs, CalFresh (food assistance), and Medi-Cal (health services).
    • Once your eligibility is determined, you will get an approval or denial notice.
    • If you disagree with the decision or benefit amount, you can file an appeal by calling (800) 952-5253, or by mailing HSA Appeals Unit at S600, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120-7988.

More information

Contact your Case Manager. To find out your Case Manager, call (415) 557-5100.

Did you find what you were looking for?