Disability + Aging Services Family Caregiver Support Program
Do you need resources and support to help care for a family member or friend? The Family Caregiver Support Program assists unpaid caregivers of older adults or those with cognitive impairment. We can help you learn about how to take care of yourself as well as your loved one.
Who Is eligible?
- Unpaid caregivers who live in San Francisco,
- 18 years or older
- Family member or friend of the care recipient who is 60+ years of age or is under 60 with cognitive impairment
- Referrals to available services and assistance accessing them, including assessment, case management, and transportation
- Individual counseling, legal services and caregiver training to caregivers to assist the caregivers in making decisions and solving problems relating to their caregiving roles
- Respite care so that caregivers can get breaks away from caregiving
- Supplemental services, on a limited basis, to complement the care provided by the caregivers
- Classes and workshops offered throughout the year in English and Spanish, including legal consultation