Medi-Cal Select a Medi-Cal Health Care Plan
After getting approved for Medi-Cal, you will get most of your Medi-Cal benefits through a medical plan.
All plans provide the same Essential Health Benefits (EHB) including:
- Outpatient (ambulatory) services
- Emergency services and hospitalization
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Prescription drugs and laboratory services
- Physical and occupational therapy and devices
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Children’s (pediatric) services, including oral and vision care.
Dental insurance is also covered and may include
- Exams, x-rays, cleanings
- Extractions, fillings, crowns, root canal
- Emergency services
- Orthodontics (braces)
Learn more about Medi-Cal covered dental services:
- Smile California website: English | Español | 中文 | русский | Tiếng Việt | Filipino
- Video: English | Español
- Flyer: English | Español | 中文 | русский | Tiếng Việt | Filipino
- Find a Dentist
Select a health care plan
Select one of two plans offered in San Francisco County. Both provide EHB plus other services. Compare the two so you can pick one that best suits you and your family. Note: Choose your plan within 30 days. If you don’t, the state will choose one for you.
- Anthem Blue Cross Partnership Plan, (800) 407-4627, TTY/TDD (888) 757-6034
- San Francisco Health Plan, (800) 288-5555, TTY/TDD (888) 833-7347
You can enroll in a plan by one of the following ways:
- Phone: Call Medi-Cal Managed Care at (800) 430-4263, (TTY 1-800-430-7077).
- Mail: Fill out and send your Medical Choice Form (English | Español) to the CA Department of Health Care Services, Health Care Options, P.O. Box 989009, West Sacramento, CA 95798-9850. Need help? View form instructions or call (800) 430-4263, (TTY 1-800-430-7077).
Be sure to renew your Medi-Cal coverage each year. Learn how.