After getting approved for Medi-Cal, you will get most of your Medi-Cal benefits through a medical plan offered in San Francisco County.
Select one of two plans offered in San Francisco County. Both provide Essential Health Benefits (EHB) plus other services. Compare the two plans so you can pick one that best suits you and your family. Note: Choose your plan within 30 days. If you don’t, the state will choose one for you.
- Anthem Blue Cross Partnership Plan, (800) 407-4627, TTY/TDD (888) 757-6034
- San Francisco Health Plan, (800) 288-5555, TTY/TDD (888) 833-7347
- Specialty health plans are also available.
Enroll in a plan in one of these ways:
- Phone: Call Medi-Cal Managed Care at (800) 430-4263, (TTY 1-800-430-7077).
- Mail: Fill out and send your Medical Choice Form to the CA Department of Health Care Services, Health Care Options, P.O. Box 989009, West Sacramento, CA 95798-9850. Need help filling out the form? View instructions or call (800) 430-4263, (TTY 1-800-430-7077).
Both San Francisco County health plans cover the following EHB:
- Outpatient (ambulatory) services
- Emergency services and hospitalization
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Prescription drugs and laboratory services
- Physical and occupational therapy and devices
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Children’s (pediatric) services, including oral and vision care
Your Medi-Cal dental coverage may include:
- Exams, x-rays, cleanings
- Extractions, fillings, crowns, root canal
- Emergency services
- Orthodontics (braces)
Learn more about dental coverage and providers:
Free family fun this holiday season
Visit your favorite San Francisco museums and get 4 free admissions with your EBT or Medi-Cal card.
Visit a Service Center