During the pandemic, Medi-Cal continued your coverage without requiring an annual renewal. Starting in April 2023, Medi-Cal will once again determine eligibility each year. View videos: English | Español | 中文.
Steps to renew your Medi-Cal coverage
- Wait for us to contact you about renewing your coverage: We will try to renew your Medi-Cal without requiring you to fill out a renewal form. If we succeed, you’ll get a notice confirming your Medi-Cal has been renewed for another year. If we don’t succeed, you will get a renewal packet in the mail.
- Update your information: If you have moved since March 2020 and are not sure we have your updated address, please call (855) 355-5757. Otherwise, you may not receive your renewal packet or renewal letter and could lose your Medi-Cal. See flyer: English | Español | 中文 | Filipino | Tiếng Việt | Русский.
- If you receive a renewal packet in the mail: Complete and return the form in the packet and the requested verifications by the due date mentioned in the letter. Call (855) 355-5757 with any questions.
- Ways to submit updated contact information and requested verifications:
What if you missed the deadline?
You will have 90 days after your discontinuance to submit the renewal form and income verification documents without having to reapply. After that, a new application for Medi-Cal may be needed.
Why you might not receive the renewal form
- We were able to renew you: We’ll send you a confirmation notice rather than the form.
- It's not your turn to renew yet: Renewal dates are based on the date you originally applied for Medi-Cal. For example, if you applied in October, your renewal will be due in September.
- We don't have your correct address: To update your address, call us at (855) 355-5757.
If you no longer qualify for Medi-Cal
We can help you find other health coverage so there is no gap in your medical care. Our goal is to ensure everyone has health care coverage.
Beware of Medi-Cal scams: Medi-Cal and SFHSA will never require payment for your Medi-Cal application or renewal. If you are asked for payment or have other reasons to suspect fraud, call the Medi-Cal Fraud Hotline (800) 822-6222.
Visit a Service Center