Medi-Cal Renew Your Medi-Cal Coverage
During the pandemic, Medi-Cal continued your coverage without requiring an annual renewal. Starting in April 2023, Medi-Cal will once again require our agency to determine eligibility each year.
How to renew your Medi-Cal coverage
1) Wait for us to contact you about renewing your coverage
We will try to renew your Medi-Cal without requiring you to fill out a renewal form. If we succeed, you’ll get a notice confirming your Medi-Cal has been renewed for another year. If we don’t succeed, you will get a renewal packet in the mail.
2) Update your information
If you have moved since March 2020 and are not sure we have your updated address, please call us at (415) 558-4700 to provide your updated contact information. Otherwise, you may not receive your renewal packet or renewal letter and could lose your Medi-Cal.
See flyer: English | Español | 中文 | Filipino | Tiếng Việt | Русский
3) If you receive a renewal packet in the mail
Complete and return the form in the packet and requested verifications by the due date mentioned in the letter. Call (415) 558-4700 with any questions.
Why you might not receive the renewal form
- We were able to renew you: We’ll send you a confirmation notice rather than the form.
- It's not your turn to renew yet: Renewal dates are based on the date you originally applied for Medi-Cal. For example, if you applied in October, your renewal will be due in September.
- We don't have your correct address: To update your address, call us at (415) 558-4700.
If you no longer qualify for Medi-Cal
We can help you find other health coverage so there is no gap in your medical care. Our goal is to ensure everyone has health care coverage.