HSA Benefits for Immigrants
HSA provides a wide range of benefits to immigrants including food, child care, and health care assistance. Learn more and apply now.
CalFresh Food Assistance
CalFresh provides many immigrants with assistance to buy food at retail food outlets, grocery stores, farmers' markets, some restaurants, and online.
- View our CalFresh Frequently Asked Questions for immigrants.
- Apply for CalFresh.
Medi-Cal Health Insurance
Medi-Cal offers eligible individuals and families access to free or low-cost health care coverage and some dental services. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen and immigration status is not a condition of eligibility. You can receive full-scope Medi-Cal benefits if you meet eligibility requirements, are a U.S. citizen, or have Satisfactory Immigration status. Undocumented eligible adults will have access to Emergency and Pregnancy-related services.
Note: All eligible young adults under the age of 26 and older adults age 50 and over are entitled to receive full-scope Medi-Cal benefits, regardless of immigration status.
- For assistance in another language, call (415) 558-4700 or (855) 355-5757.
- Apply for Medi-Cal.
CAAP Cash Assistance
County Adult Assistance Programs (CAAP) provides cash assistance to low-income adults without dependent children, adults that cannot work, and qualifying immigrants and refugees.
- View our CAAP Fact Sheet: English | 中文 | Español .
- For assistance in another language, call (415) 558-2227.
- Apply for CAAP.
CalWORKs provides temporary cash assistance, food, child care, and health care coverage. CalWORKs also provides employment, education assistance, and other services even after leaving the program.
- View our CalWORKs Fact Sheet: English | 中文 | Español | русский | Tiếng Việt
- For assistance in another language, call (415) 557-5100.
- Apply for CalWORKs.
Many immigrant families are eligible for help with child care costs.
- View our child care Fact Sheet: English | 中文 | Español.
- Learn more from the Office of Early Care and Education