The Public Service Trainee (PST) Program offers the temporary, paid training and hands-on experience that help prepare you for full-time employment through our JobsNOW! program or with the City of San Francisco.
This Program offers a wide variety of positions ranging from clerical, customer service, and gardening to IT support, supplies, and custodial services. Ask us about PST opportunities with the San Francisco Human Services Agency and most other City departments.
Being a PST pays off
We help you develop your job skills to improve interviewing, resume writing, and job counseling and search. We'll also match you with a Program Liaison who oversees your progress in this six-month program, which may be extended another three to six months.
- $19.37 per hour for a 32-hour workweek
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Variety of work schedules depending on assignment
- Uniform and boots (if needed)
You must be a San Francisco resident, authorized to work in the U.S., and one of the following:
- Receiving CalWORKs, CAAP, CalFresh, Medi-Cal and/or was a former Foster Youth
- Earning income below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
The PST Program is part of the JobsNOW! Program. You can apply in one of these ways:
- Call JobsNOW! Hotline (877) 562-1669
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit an interest form.