Check CalFresh Eligibility
Who is eligible for CalFresh
- San Francisco residents and households with low or no income. This includes those experiencing homelessness.
- Students of higher education. Learn more and apply.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients
- Immigrants can qualify depending on their immigration status. See details: English | Español | 中文 | русский | Filipino | Tiếng Việt.
- Recipients of Women, Infants, & Children Supplemental Nutrition Program (WIC)
Who must be included in the application
- Anyone who purchases and prepares meals together
- Everyone living at the address, such as husbands, wives, parents, and children under age 22
How benefit amounts get determined
Your benefit amount is based on your gross monthly income and household size minus monthly expenses such as:
- Child support payments
- Childcare expenses
- Medical expenses if your household has at least one member who is age 60 or older or has a disability
- Rent or mortgage
- Utility and phone expenses
Resources exempt from your application requirements include investments, property ownership, and bank accounts. But, income from those resources will count as part of your household’s total gross income.
A household with an older or disabled person can call us for more details at (855) 355-5757.
CalFresh Gross Monthly Income Limit
Income limits depend on household size. To qualify, a household's income must be below the limit in the table below. Note: A household with an older or disabled person may have a higher gross monthly income limit.
|Household Size||Gross Monthly Income Limit (Starting 10/01/2022)|
The highest benefit amounts
Each year, the highest allowable benefit gets adjusted based on the cost of living (COLA) increase. The table below shows the latest adjustments. Note: Your benefit amount depends on your household’s income and expenses.. This means that your benefit amount may be less than the amount indicated below. For details, see flyer: English | Español | 中文 | Filipino | Tiếng Việt | Русский
|Household Size||Highest benefit amount (per month, 10/01/2022 to 09/30/2023)|
Expedited (faster) food benefits
Food benefits may be available within three business days of submitting an application. To qualify, you must provide identification and meet all other CalFresh requirements. Your household must also:
- Earn less than $150 a month and have less than $100 available now.
- Have a combined monthly income and available money that is less than your combined monthly rent and utility bills.
- Have less than $100 available now if you are a migrant or seasonal farm worker.
Call (855) 355-5757 to request Expedited Services.
Visit a Service Center