How to keep getting CalFresh
- SAR 7 (Eligibility Status Report): Every six months, most CalFresh recipients must complete and submit a SAR 7 Form to report changes in income, household composition, and/or expenses. We’ll mail you the form before the due date. You can mail it back or submit it online at BenefitsCal. For more instructions about SAR 7, view the video or call us at (855) 355-5757.
- Annual recertification: Each year, most CalFresh recipients must renew eligibility on time in order to keep getting CalFresh without interruption. We will mail you a recertification Form CF 37 before the submission due date. Your caseworker may interview you by phone and help you complete the form. You can also recertify online at BenefitsCal. For more renewal information call (855) 355-5757.
- CalFresh Work Rule: The CalFresh Work Rule has been waived until October 31, 2024. Until then, CalFresh recipients will NOT be required to work in order to receive benefits.
- Transitional Nutrition Benefit for SSI households: Recertification has been waived until November 2023. We will send you your next TNB Form 4 between November 2023 and October 2024, depending on your renewal month. Call us for more information at (855) 355-5757.
- Unemployment benefits: If you receive unemployment benefits, you may still qualify for CalFresh. Call us for details at (855) 355-5757.
- Income decreases: If your income has decreased or stopped due to job loss or greater expenses, you may be eligible for more CalFresh benefits. Call us for assistance at (855) 355-5757.
- Income increases: If you have an IRT and your income went up, call us within 10 days to report the income change at (855) 355-5757.
Visit a Service Center