Your Civil Rights, Appeals, and Hearings
Request a state hearing:
If you are a client of state and federally funded benefits, such as CalWORKs, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, and In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS):
- Call (800) 952-5253.
- Or mail written requests to Human Services Agency Appeals Unit at S600, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120-7988.
Request a County Adult Assistance Program (CAAP) hearing:
- Call (415) 558-1177 (24 hours).
- Or mail requests to CAAP Fair Hearings #WS20, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120.
Civil Rights Division 21 regulations ensure that the administration of public assistance and social services programs are nondiscriminatory, and that no person shall, because of race, color, national origin, political affiliation, religion, marital status, sex, age or disability (for full list of protected classes, see Form 8019 below) be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal or state financial assistance.
Applicants/Recipients have the right to equal treatment in receiving services from SFHSA. Applicants/Recipients have the right to free interpreter services if they have trouble speaking, reading, or understanding English. If Applicants/Recipients have a disability, they have the right to receive accommodation to help them apply for and receive aid, benefits, or services (PUB 86).
How to submit a civil rights complaint if you are an SFHSA client
- Fill out Form 8019: English | 中文 | Español | Tagalog | русский | Tiếng Việt
- Mail the form to SFHSA Office of Civil Rights, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120-7988
- Or, fax the form to SFHSA Office of Civil Rights at (415) 355-2429
- Or leave a message on the Multilingual Complaint Lines: