Apply for CalWORKs
Submit your application in one these ways:
- Online: At BenefitsCal.
- In-person: 170 Otis Street | 3120 Mission Street | 801 Turk Street (ask for an SFHSA worker for assistance), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Call: (855) 557-5100
- Download the application (English | Español | 中文 | русский | Filipino | Tiếng Việt) and submit it in one of these ways:
Have questions? Contact your Case Manager. To find out your Case Manager, call (415) 557-5100.
Submit your paperwork by the due date
For help with this step, call (855) 557-5100.
After you apply
It can take up to 45 days to determine your CalWORKs eligibility. During this time:
- Check your mail and phone messages for notices from CalWORKs, CalFresh (food assistance), and Medi-Cal (health services).
- Once your eligibility is determined, you will get an approval or denial notice.
- If you disagree with the decision or benefit amount, you can file an appeal by calling (800) 952-5253, or by mailing HSA Appeals Unit at S600, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94120-7988.
- View flyer of the above steps: English | Español | 中文 | Filipino | Tiếng Việt | Русский
- Translation assistance to help complete your application: Call (415) 557-5100.
- Emergency assistance: Let us know if your family has urgent needs for money, housing, food, rent, or utility bills, clothing, or health care. You may qualify for emergency help.