SFHSA Services Keep CAAP
To keep getting your CAAP benefits without interruption, please follow the recommendations below.
Report financial and household changes
- Home or mailing address change
- Anyone moving in or out of household
- Being hospitalized/institutionalized/incarcerated
- Starting school/training and any changes to my student status
- Starting or losing any job
- Receiving any income or property
- Receiving unearned income from unemployment, disability benefits with the EDD or SSA, retirement with SSA, SSI, Veterans Administration, Railroad Retirement, or Workers' Compensation
Complete the renewal process
Every six months, we will contact you to determine your on-going eligibility for CAAP. Please check that we have your most up-to-date contact information by calling (415) 558-2227.
- Appointment letter: We will mail you an appointment letter with the date, time, and type of renewal appointment.
- Phone appointment: A carrying worker will call you to complete a phone interview. If no phone number is on file, please call CAAP at (415) 558-2227 or use a lobby phone for your scheduled appointment at 1235 Mission Street.
- After the interview: We will mail you a renewal packet that must be completed with required verifications. When submitting verifications always include your full name and case number. Submit your paperwork in one of these ways: