County Adult Assistance Programs (CAAP) Keep CAAP Benefits
To avoid interruption of your CAAP benefits, you will need to submit the information below.
Financial and household changes
Call (415) 558-2227 or email CAAPClerical@sfgov.org within five business days to report any of the following:
- Home or mailing address change
- Anyone moving in or out of household
- Being hospitalized/institutionalized/incarcerated
- Starting school/training and any changes to my student status
- Starting or losing any job
- Receiving any income or property
- Receiving unearned income from unemployment, disability benefits with the EDD or SSA, retirement with SSA, SSI, Veterans Administration, Railroad Retirement, or Workers' Compensation
Every six months, you will contact you to complete a renewal process below to determine on-going eligibility for CAAP. Please check that we have your most up-to-date contact information by calling (415) 558-2227.
- Appointment letter: We will mail you an appointment letter with the date, time, and type of renewal appointment.
- Phone appointment: A carrying worker will call you to complete a phone interview. If no phone number is on file, please call CAAP at (415) 558-2227 or use a lobby phone for your scheduled appointment at 1235 Mission Street.
- After the interview: We will mail you a renewal packet that must be completed with required verifications.
- 2129 Special Intake
How to submit your renewal packet and verifications
When submitting verifications, always include your full name and case number.
- By email: CAAPClerical@sfgov.org
- Fax: (415) 558-4104
- Mail: Human Services Agency, P.O. Box 7988, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Drop off: CAAP service counter at 1235 Mission Street during business hours.