SFHSA Services Use CAAP

Cash benefits

CAAP issues your monthly cash benefits on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. You can use your EBT card like a bank card for purchases at retail stores or at ATMs to withdraw cash.   

Services and support

Relocation services for people experiencing homelessness or housing instability

Jobs and training services

  • Immediate access to JobsNOW!, HSA’s job matching and internship program: To apply call (877) 562-1669 , email applyforjobsnow@sfgov.org or submit an interest form.
  • Placement in a job with a guaranteed starting pay of at least $18.07 per hour
  • Participation in Youth Employment and Training Services.
  • Earned Income & Asset Disregard Program: Designed to promote self-sufficiency.

Assistance with applications

  • Free California DMV Identification Card (one-time assistance only) 
  • Birth certificate if required for your CAAP eligibility
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if you have a long-term disability.

For more information:  Call (415) 558-2227 or fax (415) 558-4104.

Protect your EBT account
Always keep your PIN and EBT card number secret. If you receive a text or phone call asking for your card and PIN numbers, do not provide your information. Contact us immediately at (415) 558-2227.   Learn more and view the video and flyer. 

Did you find what you were looking for?