SFHSA Services Use CAAP
CAAP issues your monthly cash benefits on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. You can use your EBT card like a bank card for purchases at retail stores or at ATMs to withdraw cash.
- California EBT Surcharge Free ATMs: List of retailers/banks with no surcharge
- California EBT Locator: Map of grocery stores, farmer's market, daily cash limit, and surcharge.
- Two-party check/Direct Deposit: A two-party check may be used for a treatment program or housing provider. Call us for information at (415) 558-2227.
Services and support
- Possible options for shelter placement
- Free Muni passes
- Counseling for mental health, substance abuse, and domestic violence issues
- Working Families Credit
- More free or discount deals: Get deals for museums, utilities, legal advice, and more.
Relocation services for people experiencing homelessness or housing instability
Homeward Bound Program may be able to provide financial assistance for travel by bus or train to anywhere in the U.S. where there is a safe place to stay. View details: English | Español | 中文 | Filipino | Tiếng Việt | Русский
Jobs and training services
- Immediate access to JobsNOW!, HSA’s job matching and internship program: To apply call (877) 562-1669 , email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an interest form.
- Placement in a job with a guaranteed starting pay of at least $18.07 per hour
- Participation in Youth Employment and Training Services.
- Earned Income & Asset Disregard Program: Designed to promote self-sufficiency.
Assistance with applications
- Free California DMV Identification Card (one-time assistance only)
- Birth certificate if required for your CAAP eligibility
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if you have a long-term disability.
For more information: Call (415) 558-2227 or fax (415) 558-4104.
Protect your EBT account
Always keep your PIN and EBT card number secret. If you receive a text or phone call asking for your card and PIN numbers, do not provide your information. Contact us immediately at (415) 558-2227. Learn more and view the video and flyer.