Department of Disability and Aging Services Dignity Fund Oversight and Advisory Committee
The Dignity Fund Oversight and Advisory Committee (OAC) monitors and participates in the administration of the Dignity Fund and takes steps to ensure that it is administered in a manner accountable to the community. The Dignity Fund is a revenue stream administered by the Department of Disability and Aging Services (DAS) to help older adults (60+ years old) and adults with disabilities (18+ years old) secure and utilize the services and support necessary to age with dignity in their own homes and communities. To learn more about how the Dignity Fund is needed to ensure the health and well-being of these individuals, you can review the complete Dignity Fund Charter Amendment.
Responsibilities of the OAC
- The OAC is responsible for developing recommendations to DAS and the Fund regarding:
- Outcome objectives for services to seniors and adults with disabilities;
- Evaluation of services;
- Common data systems;
- A process for making funding decisions;
- Program improvement and capacity-building providers;
- Community engagement in planning and evaluating services;
- Leveraging dollars of the Fund
- The use of the Fund as a catalyst for innovation
- Providing input into the planning process for Community Needs Assessments (CNA) and the final CNA, the services and allocation plan, and the overall spending plan for the Fund.
- Reviewing the annual data and evaluation report.
- Establishing and maintaining a service providers working group.
- Meeting at least six times per year.
The Dignity Fund OAC meets on the third Monday of each month from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. unless changed by the Chair of the OAC. The Committee meets at 1650 Mission Street, 5th Floor (between Duboce Street and South Van Ness Avenue). For meeting dates, see below.
The OAC is composed of 11 members, as follows:
- Two members of the Aging and Adult Services Commission
- Three members of the Advisory Council to DAS
- Three members of the Long Term Care Coordinating Council
- Three at-large members appointed by the Mayor and subject to rejection by the Board of Supervisors within 30 days of notice of appointment.
Criteria for Membership
The goal of the OAC is to be diverse in composition including, but not limited to: ethnicity, gender, age, language, supervisorial districts and neighborhoods, experience working services for seniors and aging individuals, experience in working in services for adults with disabilities, experience working in services for people with HIV/AIDs, and experience working with veterans.
Other desirable qualifications include: experience in community organizing and engagement, understanding and experience in working with equity matrix principles,and experience with public financing and budget.
Allen Cooper, MD
Meeting Agendas and Materials
November 14, 2022: Agenda | Minutes | DF Eligible Services YE Budget Report FY22 | DF Eligible Services YE Budget Presentation FY22 | DFSAP Presentation to OAC
October 17, 2022: Agenda | Minutes | DF Data & Evaluation Framework Presentation (Virtual Meeting)
September 19, 2022: Agenda | Minutes | FY 22-23 DAS RFP Calendar Presenation | 2024-2027 DF Services and Allocation Plan Presentation (Virtual Meeting)
July 18, 2022: Agenda | Minutes (Virtual Meeting)
May 16, 2022: Agenda I Minutes l Outcome & Evaluation Updates Presentation l 22-23 Funding Allocation Plan Presentation l Case Management System Assessment Presentation (Virtual Meeting)
March 21, 2022: Agenda | Minutes | DF-OAC 2021-2022 Community Needs Assessment Presentation
November 15, 2021: Agenda I Minutes (Virtual Meeting)
October 25, 2021: Agenda I Minutes (Virtual Meeting)
September 20, 2021: Agenda I Minutes (Virtual Meeting)
July 19, 2021: Agenda I Minutes (Virtual Meeting)
May 17, 2021: Agenda | Minutes (Virtual Meeting)
March 15, 2021 (Virtual Meeting)
January 25, 2021 (Virtual Meeting)
November 16, 2020 (Virtual Meeting)
September 21, 2020 (Virtual Meeting)
July 27, 2020 (Virtual Meeting)
June 22, 2020 (Virtual Meeting)
January 27, 2020
December 17, 2018
November 19, 2018 - Meeting Canceled
October 15, 2018
September 17, 2018
August 20, 2018
July 16, 2018
May 21, 2018
April 23, 2018
April 4, 2018 Joint Public Hearing
March 19, 2018
February 12, 2018
January 22, 2018
Advisory Group to the Dignity Fund OAC
The SPWG advises the Dignity Fund OAC on funding priorities, policy development, the planning cycle, and other issues as they relate to the Dignity Fund.
To make an accessibility accommodation request, please contact the Department of Disability and Aging Services at (415) 355-3509, at least 72 hours before the meeting. Late requests will be honored if possible.